This session will present the outputs of the 2016 IGF stakeholder-driven Best Practice Forums (BPFs) on IXPs, IPv6, Gender and Access, and Cybersecurity, as well as showcase the outcomes of the Phase II of the IGF Policy Options for Connecting the Next Billion(s).
The session will highlight that these community activities have resulted in tangible resources from which policymakers can draw when addressing Internet policy issues. The session will also seek community suggestions and input as to how these outputs could be taken forward into other relevant Internet governance fora and how IGF community intersessional work could be enhanced looking ahead to 2017 and beyond. The discussion will also address how to improve IGF outputs in light of the recommendations of the CSTD WG on IGF Improvements.
- Introduce the Session/Overview of IGF BPFs and CENB Community Work (10 mins)(Constance Bommelaer, ISOC)
- Presentation of BPF work/outputs (approx. 7 minutes each- lightning talk presentations by BPF coordinator(s) - promo talk for the output document & focus on 2 questions: what is in the output? for why is it useful?) (28 mins total)
- Presentation of CENB Phase II work/outputs (25 minutes)
- Audience Q/A w/ BPF and CENB representatives led by co-moderators + Conclusions/Way forward for BPFs and CENB - looking ahead to 2017 (30 minutes)
Chair(s) and/or Moderator(s):
Chair: Constance Bommelaer, ISOC
Co- Moderator: Helani Galpaya (LIRNEasia)
Co-Moderator: Alison Gillwald (Research ICT Africa)
Honorary Host Country Co-Chair: Juan Carlos Hernandez, Federal Telecommunications Institute, Mexico
(Final list of speakers subject to change)
CENB Phase II:
Frank Larue, UNESCO
Alex Wong, WEF
Representative from NRIs
Christopher Yoo, University of Pennsylvania
2016 IGF BPF Cybersecurity - Markus Kummer, Maarten Van Horenbeeck, Fastly, FIRST
2016 IGF BPF Gender and Access - Jac Sm Kee, Renata Aquino Ribeiro
2016 IGF BPF IPv6 - Izumi Okutani, Sumon A. Sabir
2016 IGF BPF IXPs - TBC
Connections with other sessions:
Desired results/output? And possible next steps for the work?
Commitments from other IG processes/stakeholders/organizations/NRIs to take on IGF outputs, continue work, etc.
Suggestions on how to improve IGF outputs
- Practical recommendations for IGF 2017